Snickelfritz

Friday, July 22, 2011

One day left

                Only one day until we are off on our Alaska adventure.  I have to pinch myself to believe we are really going.  My husband, who shall not be named, and I have traveled in about all the states except Hawaii, Connecticutt and Rhode Island.  Each state has its own beauty and people everywhere are pretty nice.  We have only gotten a traffic ticket in one state and had a bad tangle with a store owner in the same state.  What state was it, you may ask?  Well, it has alot of Amish in it and we mistakenly parked in a horse parking lot once and when we came out of the store we were visiting, horses and buggies surrounded us.  A man came out of the store and berated us for parking there.  The state begins with an O and ends with an O.  It's a beautiful state though and has lots of nice people, except for that store owner, some being related to us.
                How do you feel when you are about to go on vacation?  I feel a little homesick  and start missing my dogs before we leave the drive.  They have some nice people coming each day to feed and water them and give them some pats.  When we are finally on the road I suddenly forget all my cares and worries and start having fun.  After all, I get to eat out every day, no dishes, no housework and lots of scenery watching.  If hubby and I can figure out how to post pictures here we will be doing it. I don't like reading blogs without pictures, so, if you have read this far you are a very patient person.  Will write more tomorrow. 

1 comment:

Ann Summerville said...

Hope you have a wonderful trip. Sounds like you have many travelling adventures.
Ann