Snickelfritz

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Vote!

  I remember the first time I got to vote for president.  I voted for Jimmy Carter and we all know how that turned out.  I have always looked at election day with excitement.  It's the one thing we all can do to make an impact on our country

   I am hoping for a big impact today.  I am so excited about voting.  David and I will go this afternoon and cast our votes and then come home and have a party with some friends with lots of food and fun. 

  I don't understand people who stay home and don't cast their vote.  Don't they realize what they are giving up?  There are people who have died all over the world for the right to cast a vote so I take it very seriously.  Maybe the election won't go the way I want today, but I still love this country and will just look forward to the next election. 

  So, I guess what I am saying is, vote.  Vote like your life depended on it.  Vote for love of country.  Vote because there are people in the world who can't.  Vote because you are blessed to live in the United States.  Vote.

No comments: