Snickelfritz

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Jungle Jim's

  Before I write my blog today, I want to say that my prayers and thoughts go out to all the people who have been affected by Hurricane Sandy.  I cannot imagine the loss they are going through although a few years ago many in my city suffered a huge flood that devasted many homes.  It takes a long time to get over something like this.


   I also want to show just a few more pictures of how beautiful Tennesse was last week.  Four days ago David and I were in Gatlinburg where it was a pretty Autumn day. Today they have seventeen inches of snow.  Wow.







  Oh, and a few barn quilts........











  On our way back home from Tennessee, we stopped by our oldest son's house to visit.  Our son really knows how to entertain.  He asked us if we wanted to go to a grocery store.  Whoopie!  I do not like to go grocery shopping anymore than I have to.  I try to do it all at once, once a month.  "This is the biggest grocery store in the country," our son told us.  Okay, we were up for it.  Jungle Jim's is an international market started as a small produce stand years ago and has grown into what it is today. 

  What it is  today is a destination, not just grocery shopping.  There are foods from all over the world, but that is not all.



   As you near the store you see  all kinds of animals.  Giraffes, elephants and more.



  Then you grab a cart and go inside.  Or you just walk in to look.



  You go inside and your senses are hit from every direction. 


  There was a sushi counter with every kind of sushi imagineable.


   There were chefs preparing the sushi right before your eyes.


  There were famous soups hanging around.


  Fresh fish, anyone?  Pick your fish and they catch it and clean it for you.  Can't get any fresher than that.


  Popeye and Brutus was there. Or is that Bluto?



  The S.S. Minnow was there but I didn't see Gilligan.


 Here's our son, Jason, standing if front of one of their world class bathrooms.  It's been featured on television and is a regular bathroom with a port-a-potty entrance. 




  David couldn't resist.  Look at all the stuff I kept giving him to carry.  I knew we should have gotten a cart.


  There were animatronics performing throughout the store.



   There were hundreds of honeys.



  There were cases of cheeses.


  There were gobs of greens.


  There were crowds of crab legs.  Never had crab, but I know I would like it.



  There were green foods.


  There were brown foods.  Many foods I had never heard of and would not know how to begin to prepare them to eat.   It was all so interesting and fun.  We spent two hours there and did not see half of it.  I want to go back and just spend a day.  This store is located in Fairfield, Ohio near Cincinnati and is worth the drive to see.  My son did know how to  entertain us that day and we had a great time.  


   It was a fun vacation from beginning to end.


   Here's to vacations and having a home to come back to.  Bye.

No comments: