Snickelfritz

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pillowcases and plowing

   First I wanted to finish up with a couple of Christmas pictures(can't believe it was just two weeks ago.)  Here's David and me playing Mr. and Mrs. Santa.  David grew his beard while we were in Alaska for five weeks this summer and, surprisingly, I like it alot. 

 David found an  old Lite Bright set that has to be thirty years old in a closet he was cleaning out so I played around with it and came up with these Christmas trees. We kept it lit throughout the week of Christmas.

Every New Year's day my mother would make pillowcase.  It was suppose to bring fortune to the home or something like that.  We also ate cabbage for the same reason.  I have continued that tradition and made two sets of pillowcases.  Here is one set.  I love the colors.

I like how this set turned out.  The green check sets the floral fabric off quite nicely, I think.


I was going to post some pictures of David tilling the garden, really I was, but for some reason the pictures will not post so I will leave you with a beautiful sunset we had a couple of days ago.  We have really been having some spectacular sunsets and sunrises lately.  Bright reds and pinks and beautiful blues.   God's handwork always amazes me.   Bye for now.



No comments: