Snickelfritz

Sunday, June 24, 2012

A Full Week

  The last couple of weeks have been so busy.  Not the busy that is unpleasant, but the busy that is fun and joyful.  When I have days or weeks like that, I grab them with gusto, because you never know when life will hand you lemons. I grab life with both hands and hold on tight because each day is precious and I don't want to look back and say I let life pass me by. 

 
   Here are a few of the things that were happening this week.  I finally got this quilt pinned so I could tie it. 

   
  Finally started my Spring cleaning two days before summer began.
 I scrubbed our wood floors on my hands and knees with Murphy's Oil Soap.  If anyone can tell me a better way to deep clean wood floors, I would love to hear it.  I'm too old for this!!!




  Went on a quilt shop hop with some friends.  David drove.  He learned when women get together we get a little rowdy sometimes.  Had so much fun and bought so much fabric that I "really" needed.



  Laughed so hard with these two.  If a merry heart is good medicine, I got an extra large dose this week.  We went to seven quilt shops in two days, ate some good food, found alot of new projects to do and drove David crazy.  Good times.


  Isn't this the cutest house?   One of the quilt shops uses it for classes.  The quilt shop is the brick building nextdoor.  Would love to live here so I could just go out one door and into another and get my fabric.

  
  Saw the cutest chicken house and got out to look it over.  Yes, David and I are going to raise chickens starting next Spring.  I have been wanting to do it for a while.  Going out and gathering fresh eggs in the morning and cooking them for breakfast sounds so wonderful.  Growing up on the farm we always had fresh eggs to eat and bake with.  This was the perfect little house.  David said he could build one.  Another project.  We barely get one done and we are on to the next. 


   Had a gaggle of kids here on Saturday swimming and eating.  We had a jumping in the pool contest.  The one with the most original and entertaining jump won.  They had to make the judges, me and that little boy with the drumstick, laugh to get higher points.  It was so much fun.  I love seeing kids having a good time and enjoying each others' company.

   It was an amazing week.  This week starts with a dental appointment.  Bye.



No comments: