Snickelfritz

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Rhubarb pie, pretty flowers and a tattletale dog

 
                         I grow this................................................................................................................


                 So that I can mix up this...............................................................................................



         And make this...............................................................................................................................

           So that in less than 24 hours it becomes this.  Rhubarb pie is now my favorite pie above raspberry pie which I love also.  Guess I will have to plant some more rhubarb so that we can have more than one pie a season.   We almost have all the rhubarb preserves eaten that we made Easter morning.  Not saying we have sweet teeth or anything, but I know I do.  I'd eat sweets for every meal if I could get away with it which I can't.



    I seem to not be able to write a post without showing the flowers that are blooming now.  The oriental poppies are starting to pop out.  We got these from David's grandmother years ago and I have transplanted them to different parts of the garden.  They are beautiful, but last only one day.  Good thing there are alot of them.

  The pink clematis is blooming now.  I use to have two of these plants, but I think I pulled the one up last year when I was pulling an invasive vine from that area.  I can be brutal sometimes.  Poor thing. 

  "I'm telling Bonnie on you, Mom.  You told her she would be in all your posts from now on." 

    "Shhhh, Belle, pretend I'm not here. By the way, what's all that white stuff on your back?"  Bye.

No comments: