Snickelfritz

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Making pizza and moving a family

  I got it into my head the other day that I would like to make some homemade pizza.  I found a recipe in either Southern Living or Midwest Living.  I can't remember which one because I had torn it out.  Today I went to Wal-mart to buy the supplies and spent all afternoon making pizza.

  First I made the dough which was really easy on my Kitchenmaid mixer.  Took about five minutes.

   Then I made the sauce from my super secret recipe that I keep in my super secret recipe vault.  Okay, anyone can make pizza sauce with some tomatoes, herbs and olive oil. 

  Then the fun part began.  I put sausage, pepperoni, olives and mushrooms on mine.   David just wanted the sausage and pepperoni and lots of mozarella cheese, of course.

  And walla(don't judge me.  I could not for the life of me remember how to spell the word, but you know what I mean!) you are eating a delicious pizza.    It was easy, just had to give the dough time to rise and heat the oven at 500 degrees for 30 minutes before you baked it.

  Last weekend we helped our daughter and son-in-law move their family from this little house in the woods.......

  to this big house in the woods.  Lots of memories are going to be made here. 

   Now I have to go walk off some of this pizza that's weighing me down.  Oh, my.  Bye.

No comments: